Meet People. Make Media
More than a tv station, PhillyCAM is a vibrant community center that connects people and teaches them to become creators, not just consumers, of high-quality independent and non-commerical media.
Whether you want to add your voice to a larger community dialogue through media or gain skills, PhillyCAM can help.
To renew your membership today, login to ensure that your renewal is linked to your existing account. Don't have an account? Create one to renew your membership. Click here to watch "how to create an account video" tutorial.
How To Join?
Any individual who lives or works in the greater Philadelphia community regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ability, age, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability or economic status may become a member of PhillyCAM. All members are required to pay an annual membership fee and agree to abide by PhillyCAM’s policies and procedures as outlined in the membership handbook.
First you will need to creat an online account here. Click here to watch "how to create an account video" tutorial. Once you've created your account return to this page and scroll down to the Join Now heading.
If you are interested in joining as an organization, please make sure this is the right category for you. Organizational memberships are only designated for non-profits, community groups, collectives and educational institutions. These types of groups may become members by submitting proof of non-profit status or a documented history of working collectively to serve the community.
Organizational memberships are not suited for commercial enterprises, start-up companies, and independent contractors who offer media services for pay.
Should you need further assistance clarifying which membership category is best for you, please speak with the Director of Membership and Outreach, Antoine Haywood before joining.
Youth Membership ($15)
To support and embrace youth voices we created PhillyCAM’s Tech Lounge. Our students learn to access, analyze, create and share digital media content with thoughtfulness and social responsibility. Youth Membership is open to youth between ages 14 -21. Membership must be approved by a parent or guardian. You can pay in person or by mail. Please download a Youth Membership form to join by mail. Visit Youth Membership for more information.
Individual Membership ($25/$15 Seniors & Students)
- Benefits Include:
- Gain media production skills and PhillyCAM equipment certification
- Distribute your media on cable channels that reach over 1 million people in Philadelphia
- Access TV Production studios, computer lab and meeting spaces
- Put content on PhillyCAM’s Video On Demand web viewer
- Attend special members networking events, screenings & mixers
- Have a Member Profile on PhillyCAM’s website
- Receive information about media related opportunities through our monthly Members e-News
- Participate at the leadership level as a board or committee member
- Vote in PhillyCAM’s annual board of directors' election
- Become a Volunteer
Organization Membership ($30 - $250)
(sliding scale based on annual operating budget)
- Benefits include:
All the benefits of Individual Membership -plus-
- Designate up to 5 Associate Members to have active memberships and be able to take workshops, receive equipment certification and book the production facilities and meeting space.
- Create announcements for the Electronic Bulletin Board
- Have a two hour consultation about your project with PhillyCAM staff consultants
- Produce a 2-minute PSA with the support of PhillyCAM staff
- Organize a one-time 30-minute studio shoot to raise awareness about a particular issue or be featured on PhillyCAM’s Go Philly Service program.
- Hire PhillyCAM and receive discounted production services to document and stream live video from special events, produce and edit short videos for online social media, create in-studio community forums, etc. For a complete listing of PhillyCAM production services.
Joining In-Person Or By Mail
If you prefer you can join in person or by mail. You can pay in person by check, cash, money order, credit or debit card. If you choose to join by mail, PhillyCAM will accept a check or money order. Please do not send cash in the mail. We can also provide an invoice to non-profit organizations and community groups. Non-profit organizations or community groups may be asked to submit proof of non-profit status or a history of working collectively.
Attn: Membership Director
699 Ranstead St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106