BMe is a growing network of Black men committed to making our communities stronger. They are fathers, coaches, students and businessmen.
Men interested in sharing their stories about how they are strengthening their community should come to PhillyCAM, the city's public access television station, on Thursday, January 10 prepared to record a 1 - 4 minute video story. PhillyCAM volunteers and the BMe Street TEam will be on hand to provide technical assistance videotaping and uploading stories to the bmecommunity.org website.
Tips for Sharing Your Story
Here are some suggestions for developing your digital video. The following questions will help you develop the points to discuss when sharing your story:
- What is your name and where are you from?
- What do you do to help out in your community?
- What major obstacle stood in your way — and how did you overcome it
- What are your hopes for the future of our community?
- Why did you choose to share your story through BMe?
For more info visit http://bmecommunity.org/STORIES/Overview/tabid/119/Default.aspx
BMe is backed by a leading partnership of foundations including the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Open Society Foundation and Heinz Foundation.
699 Ranstead Street (7th Street bet. Market and Chestnuts Streets)
Phila., PA 19130