Television and Video Production Member Orientation
Orientation Week at PhillyCAM happens every other month and provides an opportunity for people to learn about PhillyCAM's mission, how to get involved, and start meeting other people in our community. During each Orientation Week we offer seperate sessions that focus on the following areas of our work:
- WPPM PhillyCAM Radio
- Television & Video Production
- Youth Development & Media Literacy
- Non-profit and Community Group Production Support
Attending an orientation session is an important and necessary first step to getting involved at PhillyCAM. Any individual or group that wishes to volunteer, submit content to run on our channels, take classes and become certified to check out our equipment, and utilize our production space for PhillyCAM related projects MUST attend an orientation.
Attending an orientation is FREE; however, you must create an PhillyCAM User Account in order to log in and sign up. Doing this first will help streamline the class registration process for all people who want to take classes.
The remaining Orientation Weeks for 2016 are as follows:
October Orientation Week
- WPPM PhillyCAM Radio Orientation - Wed. 10/5 (6:30p) & Sat. 10/8 (12p-1:30p)
- Television & Video Production- Mon. 10/3 & Thur. 10/6 (both 6:30p-8p)
- Youth Open House - Tues. 10/4 (6p - 7:30p)
- Non-proits & Community Groups - Fri. 10/7 (12p-1:30p)
December Orientation Week
- WPPM PhillyCAM Radio Orientation - Wed. 12/7 (6:30p) & Sat. 12/10 (12p-1:30p)
- Television & Video Production - Mon. 12/5 & Thur. 12/8 (both 6:30p-8p)
- Youth Open House - Tues. 12/6 (6p - 7:30p)
- Non-profits & Community Groups - Fri. 12/9 (12p-1:30p)
Please contact the Membership & Ourtreach Director if you have further questions about orientation. You may also contact the Education & Production Director if you have questions about classes and the certification process.