Introduction to Live Studio Switching & Directing
Date/Time: 01/25/2023 06:00 PM - 03/01/2023 08:00 PM ET
This is an entry-level workshop for folks who have never used the Tricaster or know anything about production switching. The Workshop would cover the fundamentals of switching in general and with the Tricaster in particular. It would be limited to covering the essentials needed to produce a show.
The focus is on program/preview buses, titles, lower thirds, importing video/audio and using the DDRs, maybe mixed effects or two, audio mixing, etc. but nothing extensive so that people feel comfortable. It's also for people who are mainly focused on studio taping with an introduction to working with virtual guests.
Emphasis will be on introducing what it takes to be a TD (Technical Director) and expectations from a Director/Producer. Students will gain hands-on experience as crew on PhillyCAM's Community News programs as part of the workshop certification.
Participants will learn the following skills:
- Importing and organizing media, building your show
- Understanding how to direct a crew while managing your show
- Cutting between multiple sources (cameras, graphics, clips, virtual guests)
- Setting up basic mix effects, and chromakey options
- Monitoring audio and understanding the audio mixer
- Putting it all together to record a live-to-tape show
- Each student will produce a 2-3 min segment for Producers Circle.
Prereqs: TV Studio Crew recommended.
Instructor: Tim Millaway
Pay online or in-person with a credit or debit card.
You will need to register in person if you are paying by cash, check or money order.