Introduction to TV Studio Crew *Bootcamp Version
Class Dates/Time: Saturday, July 15 | 1 PM - 6 PM
Location: PhillyCAM Media Center
Prerequisites: You must be a current PhillyCAM member and have attended an TV orientation session.
We are excited to restart training in our TV Studio.
This workshop is open to current members who wish to produce or offer support as crew for Studio productions or are just interested in knowing or learning the ins and outs of TV Studio production.
This workshop aims to prepare you to support as a crew member in the TV Studio Crew. We will introduce new concepts, policies, procedures, and the newly upgraded studio. The goal of this workshop is to prepare you to support as a tv studio crew member. The first two sessions will be hands-on instruction. The last class will be a practicum/assessment to demonstrate skills learned.
Participants will gain the following skills:
- Gain an understanding of studio roles, teamwork, and live-to-tape workflow.
- Understand camera operation, shot types, and framing.
- Understand how to patch and mic guests.
- Hands-on experience communicating and operating as a studio crew member, knowing how to take the initiative and work as a team.
- Operate the soundboard (basic mixing with the faders).
- Understand how the teleprompter works (additional training will be provided as needed)
Instructor: Tyreece Powell
Pay online or in-person with a credit or debit card. You will need to register in-person if you are paying by cash, check or money order. No Refunds will be given for cancellations made later than 5 business days prior to the start date of the workshop.