Updated PhillyCAM Access Policies
- Gretjen Clausing
- Updated: January 10, 2022
Happy New Year PCAM Fam!
First off, thank you for making PhillyCAM a great community this past year, in spite of the numerous challenges we all faced.
In the hopes of keeping our members and staff safe while doing our part to reduce strain on the healthcare system here due the surge of COVID-19 and its latest Omicron variant, the following changes are being implemented:
- Main Studio reservations and Media Lab reservations have been immediately suspended and will resume in February.
- The Express Studio will be open for single occupancy use as a space for joining/producing virtual productions.
- Field Equipment checkouts will still be available on Tuesdays and Saturdays only throughout January.
- Streamyard productions will continue as normal. For members who are creating with Streamyard, Zoom and other platforms, support continues full steam ahead.
- The in person Field production Workshop scheduled for the end of January is rescheduled for February. For more details visit the workshop page. phillycam.org/workshop.
- For Radio producers studio appointments will continue to be made on an individual basis, with a recommendation to produce January episodes from home if possible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
While PhillyCAM will not be requiring members to disclose vaccination status, we are requiring that anyone within PhillyCAM facilities wear one of the following face masks types:
- Surgical mask
- KN95 or KF94
- We will provide members/visitors with a surgical mask if they do not have one of the above type masks.
All that aside, we're super excited for what this year has in store for us at PhillyCAM!
We recently completed renovations to our Main Studio Control room that will greatly improve virtual/in-person hybrid productions, as well as a host of other cool features. Our Streamyard services have only continued to grow and 2022 promises even more developments on that front. And we’re working on kicking off a new round of Teach and Learn free one night workshops.
As always, all our policies are subject to change based on the city's guidelines and our own best efforts to prioritize everyone's health and safety. Please make sure to read our updated Operation and Policy Guidelines.
Again, thanks for making PhillyCAM a great community this past year. We look forward to this year being another big year of content creation and community building.
For additional questions you can email email@example.com. For Tech related questions email firstname.lastname@example.org