Every year members are encouraged to participate in the governance of PhillyCAM by electing board members and also by running for the board. The board of directors is responsible for ensuring the health and growth of PhillyCAM and keeping our work in line with our mission, vision, and values. Board members are elected to a 2-year term and may serve up to 3 consecutive terms.
Board members are expected to attend meetings, serve on at least one board committee, participate in discussions and decision-making related to policies for organizational governance, represent PhillyCAM publicly, participate in long-range planning, approve the annual budget, and other responsibilities as needed. This election the Board of Directors is specifically seeking new board members with human resources, non-profit administration, and fundraising experience.
Board Election IMPORTANT DATES
- Thu, Feb 3 at 6:00pm: Virtual Board Candidate Info Session.
- Mon, Feb 7 at 6:00pm: Virtual Board Candidate Info Session.
If you are a first time candidate running for the board you are required to attend this orientation.
- Tue, Feb 8: Nominations Due by Midnight.
- Tue, March 1: Candidates Announced. Meet the Candidates
- Fri, March 11: Electronic Ballots emailed to current members.
Online Voting will take place from March 11-24
- Thu, March 24 Annual Member Meeting & Online Voting Closes at 8:00 pm
- Fri, March 25 Election Results announced and posted on the PhillyCAM website.
There are 7 open seats for the 2022 Board Election
- 3 Members who Self-Nominate
- 3 Members Nominated by a Non-Profit Organization
- 1 Member Nominated by a Community Media/Media Justice organization
Gretjen Clausing, Executive Director
Board Elections Committee