Every year members are encouraged to participate in the governance of PhillyCAM by electing board members and also by running for the board. The board of directors is responsible for ensuring the health and growth of PhillyCAM and keeping our work in line with our mission, vision, and values. Board members are elected to a 2-year term and may serve up to 3 consecutive terms.
Board members are expected to attend meetings, serve on at least one board committee, participate in discussions and decision-making related to policies for organizational governance, represent PhillyCAM publicly, participate in long-range planning, approve the annual budget, and other responsibilities as needed. This election the Board of Directors is specifically seeking new board members with human resources, non-profit administration, and fundraising experience.
Are you interested in running for the PhillyCAM Board of Directors or nominating a candidate? The deadline to submit the form is midnight, Tuesday, February 8, 2023.
Board Election IMPORTANT DATES
- Thu Feb 2 at 6:30pm - Virtual Board Candidate Info Session - RSVP
- Tue, Feb 7 at 6:30pm - Virtual Board Candidate Info Session - RSVP
If you are a first time candidate running for the board you are required to attend this orientation.
- Wed, Feb 8: Nominations Due by Midnight.
- Wed, March 1: Candidates Announced.
- Sat, March 11: Electronic Ballots emailed to current members.
Online Voting will take place from March 11-25
- Sat, March 25 Annual Member Meeting & Online Voting Closes at midnight
- Mon, March 27 Election Results announced and posted on the PhillyCAM website.
There are 8 open seats for the 2023 Board Election
- 3 Members who Self-Nominate
- 5 Members Nominated by a Non-Profit Organization
Board Election Essentials
You must be a current member in good standing and live in Philadelphia to run for the board.
How to be a PhillyCAM Board Election Candidate
List of Non-Profit Organizations
Gretjen Clausing, Executive Director
Board Elections Committee