Every year members are encouraged to participate in the governance of PhillyCAM by electing board members and also by running for the board. The board of directors is responsible for ensuring the health and growth of PhillyCAM and keeping our work in line with our mission, vision, and values. Board members are elected to a 2-year term and may serve up to 3 consecutive terms.
Board members are expected to attend meetings, serve on at least one board committee, participate in discussions and decision-making related to policies for organizational governance, represent PhillyCAM publicly, participate in long-range planning, approve the annual budget, and other responsibilities as needed.
This election the Board of Directors is specifically seeking new board members with human resources, non-profit administration, and financial experience.
Board Election IMPORTANT DATES
- Mon, Feb. 3: Mandatory Board Election Orientation 6:30 pm at PhillyCAM.
and Thu, Feb 6: Mandatory Board Election Orientation 6:30 pm at PhillyCAM.
If you are running for the board you are required to attend this orientation.
- Mon, Feb. 10: Nominations Due by Midnight
- Wed, Feb. 26: Candidates Announced.
- Thu, March 12: Electronic Ballots emailed to current members.
Online Voting will take place from March 12 to March 26.
- Thu, March 26: Annual Member Meeting & Online Voting Closes at 8:00 pm
Election Results Announced by the Election Committee at the Annual Meeting
and posted on the PhillyCAM website on March 27
Gretjen Clausing, Executive Director
Melanie Harris, Board Elections Committee
There are 7 open seats for the 2020 Board Election
- 2 Members who are Certified Producers and Self-Nominate
- 1 Nominated by a Media Justice / Community Media Organization
- 4 Members Nominated by a Non-Profit Organization