PhillyCAM seeks a technically proficient and very personable candidate for the full-time position of Access Facilitator to join its Technical Staff in providing support to PhillyCAM members and producer. The Access Facilitator is responsible for enhancing the daily operations of a vibrant community media center with particular emphasis on assisting PhillyCAM members in using all video/audio and studio production equipment as well as its facilities. Candidate must have a working knowledge of video production (studio and field) as well as a demonstrable interest in community media. The Access Facilitator works with the Access Manager and will have a dotted line report to PhillyCAM's Technical Director.
- Facilitate field equipment use: check-in/out, prepare equipment packages for producers, inspect and keep track of equipment for field use.
- Facilitate computer editing station use: check-in/out producers, troubleshoot minor computer hardware and software technical problems.
- Assist with the flow of equipment and facilities reservations with members via email, phone and in person using PhillyCAM’s database system.
- Handle inquiries about facility and equipment rental by non-members.
- Assist with digital file submissions of content for programming as needed.
- Assist with minor troubleshooting of technical issues in TV and Radio station.
- Assist in the managing all software installs, updates, upgrades throughout the facility.
- Provide additional training to members and staff in the proper use of field and studio equipment
- when needed, or necessary.
- Instruct members in proper computer usage in the Media lab.
- Set up and break down technical needs for workshops, classes, presentation, seminars as
- needed or assigned.
- Assist in preparation of materials and equipment for workshops.
- Ensure compliance with and implement PhillyCAM policies, rules, and regulations.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries related to reservations, equipment and user accounts.
- Support members in navigating and maintaining their User Account, Profiles and Project pages.
- General upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness of edit stations, field equipment and facilities.
- Correspondence, answering the office telephone, accepting memberships, reception of guests
Other Job Requirements:
- Position requires scheduling flexibility and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Strong interest in community media and education.
- Proven ability to work as a team member, but also make effective independent decisions and follow through on assignments.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues independently.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders at least 10 feet.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must at least be pursuing a Bachelor's' degree in Media Production, Communications, or a related degree.
- Demonstrated media production, post-production, studio production knowledge, and skills.
- Experience in working in an Equipment Room environment a plus.
- Strong familiarity and understanding with troubleshooting and completing minor equipment repairs.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CC editing software application.
- Strong familiarity with other software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and music applications such as Hindenburg.
- Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology in particular media streaming.
- Comfortable with Mac and PC computers and operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools including Word, Excel. Experience with Google suite of tools including Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems such as Drupal or CiviCRM is a plus!
Commiserate with experience. Annual salary is in the mid-$30s.
Anticipated Employment Start Date: July 2018
To Apply Please Send:
- Your Resume
- Letter of Introduction (that specifies how your experience, knowledge, and skills match the identified duties, responsibilities, and requirements of this position)
- Contact info for 3 Professional References
VIA EMAIL to email@example.com with the SUBJECT LINE: Access Facilitator
Please, no phone calls.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, June 21, 2018
About PhillyCAM: PhillyCAM is a dynamic community media center that brings together the people of Philadelphia to make and share media that promotes creative expression, democratic values, and civic participation. PhillyCAM provides access to media-making tools, training, and distribution of non-commercial media. Public access increases and diversifies the voices in the media; it provides all community members and particularly those in underserved or disenfranchised communities with the tools to tell their stories. Due to volume, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We will contact candidates for interviews. PhillyCAM is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.