Job Posting: July 7, 2018
PhillyCAM seeks a dynamic, civically engaged person for the full time position of Community Engagement Director to communicate PhillyCAM's mission and programs, grow its membership and deepen its partnerships within greater Philadelphia.
The ideal candidate is community oriented, passionate about the power of community media, and must demonstrate the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with PhillyCAM's diverse membership made up of television and radio producers, our non-profit organizational and educational partners, city departments and local elected officials, grant making institutions, local businesses, and supporters of local, independent, non-commercial media.
The position requires someone who can clearly manage the communications and promotion of the organization and its many programs. This includes assessing community needs to develop programs, training, and collaborative projects with a specific focus on working with non-profit partners to create non-commercial media content to amplify their work.
A fundamental component of this position will be to maintain and strengthen PhillyCAM's organizational culture by working closely with the board, staff and individual members to develop meaningful programs and communications strategies that support our mission, vision and values.
- Promote awareness of and participation in PhillyCAM’s programs.
- Develop programming partnerships with community influencers and Philadelphia community, arts, nonprofit and social service organizations.
- Lead programs to maintain and grow the membership and supporter/donor base.
- Create and manage annual marketing, communications, and outreach plans.
- Prepare timelines, budgets, and programming outreach and marketing schedules.
- Set evaluation metrics and prepare progress reports.
- Maintain detailed and sharable records of community partner correspondence and contacts.
- Monitor the organization’s identity and messages to assure that the image is positive and accurate.
- Generate fresh and dynamically written print, online and multimedia materials, ensuring continuity throughout all communications.
- Oversee the design, production and distribution of all printed and electronic promotional and programmatic outreach communications and materials.
- Represent PhillyCAM at public events.
- Train, develop and supervise outreach and marketing staff, volunteers and interns.
- Coordinate PhillyCAM annual awards event, The Cammy’s.
- Develop sponsorship and program underwriting materials and procedures.
- Develop messaging to potential individual donors and supporting members.
Basic minimum skills and qualifications
- Degree in communications, non-profit administration, media or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in communications, outreach and/or membership development work
specifically for non-profits.
- Strong and established relationships in Philadelphia’s non-profit and social enterprise networks.
- Experience in managing membership an/or donor relation programs for a non-profit organization.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Other Job Requirements, Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Position requires some scheduling flexibility and ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the community media field.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
- Teaching experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse communities.
- Television and/or radio production experience.
- Familiarity with media literacy and media policy work.
- Proven ability to work as a team member, but also make effective independent decisions and follow through on assignments.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Spanish or other language skills.
A salary range in the mid-$50s, or commensurate with experience. Health and dental benefits for employees; vacation package. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Anticipated Employment Start Date: Late August or early September 2018
To Apply Please Send:
- Your Resume
- Letter of Introduction (that specifies how your experience, knowledge, and skills match the identified duties, responsibilities, and requirements of this position)
- Contact info for 3 Professional References
- Writing sample and/or links to videos or promotional materials you produced.
VIA EMAIL to email@example.com with the SUBJECT LINE: Community Engagement Director
Please, no phone calls.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
About PhillyCAM: PhillyCAM is a dynamic community media center that brings together the people of Philadelphia to make and share media that promotes creative expression, democratic values, and civic participation. PhillyCAM provides access to media-making tools, training, and distribution of non-commercial media. Public access increases and diversifies the voices in the media; it provides all community members and particularly those in underserved or disenfranchised communities with the tools to tell their stories. Due to volume, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We will contact candidates for interviews. PhillyCAM is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.