PhillyCAM Re-opening Operation Policy & Procedures
In alignment with the opening phases of the City of Philadelphia, State of Pennsylvania, and Federal government, PhillyCAM is staging its facility reopening. Guidelines and restrictions will be adjusted in accordance with the CDC, DOH, and public health indicators. Read more about PhillyCAM’s Covid-19 response plan.
In order to keep our community safe and limit the spread of Covid-19, we are instituting an appointment-only and reservation-only facility visitation procedure.
Starting in mid-February 2021
- Facility operations will be limited to 2 days per week: Tuesday 2 pm - 8 pm
and Saturday 12 pm - 6 pm.
- Access to PhillyCAM will be on an appointment-only basis.
- Classes will be held online when possible.
- No on-site screenings or events will be permitted until further notice.
Making an Appointment
- Before coming to PhillyCAM members must have made an appointment. See the Reservations Section below for more details.
- To make a standard appointment unrelated to a reservation, please email the appropriate staff person or firstname.lastname@example.org or call our offices at 267 639 5481. We intend to continue to handle these inquiries remotely whenever possible.
- Appointments and reservations will be buffered by one hour to allow staff to clean the space before the next use and give members time to exit and enter without overlap.
- Appointments will be confirmed only after the COVID-19 Policy Member Acknowledgment has been signed and the member has viewed the instructional Reopening Video explaining our new procedures for accessing the facility. See sample Member Acknowledgment here.
Entry and Sign-in
- Members/Visitors must wear masks or face protection at all times. We will refuse entry to anyone who is not wearing a mask. Face masks will not be provided.
- To maintain a safe distance and minimize fomite contact, the staff at the Reception Desk, or in the Equipment Room will complete all sign-ins.
- Members/Visitors will be required to wash/disinfect their hands with soap and water in the kitchen area prior to engaging in additional interactions within the building.
- Members/Visitors are then free to go about their appointment while complying with social distancing guidelines as directed by the CDC.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the suspension of access to space and cancellation of equipment reservations.
Below are the steps a member will have to follow when fulfilling a reservation request for equipment:
- Members complete a request form for equipment, facility, or both. The form will request basic information: (who, what, when, where, why, etc.), as well as inform them of the requirements and procedures for returning to PhillyCAM.
- Staff reviews the form, contacting members if there are any questions.
- Once approved, members will be sent a link to create a reservation that ties to their project, including instructions the member will need to follow or complete before getting to PhillyCAM.
- On the day of the reservation, the member receives a call from staff to verify and make sure that they have reviewed and understood all information related to their visit.
- While at PhillyCAM members must follow procedures as outlined in our instructional Reopening Video.
- Members inspect equipment at the checkout window and sign their reservation form before leaving the premises.
Field Equipment Reservations
All field equipment reservations are subject to the new hours of operation as follows:
Tuesday 2 pm - 8 pm and Saturday 12 pm - 6 pm.
Pick Up and Return Times will be staggered and must be adhered to. Failure to comply may result in suspension.
- After proper sign in, members must follow social distancing protocol to request their pre-approved reservation. Members should stand in the area designated by floor tape.
- Members inspect equipment at the window, sign reservation form, and exit the building
- After proper sign-in, members leave all equipment at the Equipment Room window following social distancing protocol.
- The final signing of the reservation agreement takes place upon staff inspection of the equipment and any other requests are answered or completed.
The Green Screen Studio, the Tech Lounge, and the Community Room will not be available for reservation
until further notice.
PhillyCAM reserves the right to use the facility for Production Services for Hire but will prioritize member access.
- Limited to a maximum occupancy of 2 people at one time, masks must remain on at all times.
- Reservations will be limited to a maximum of 3 hours per member per day.
- Headphones or accessories needed will be noted carefully on the reservation form.
- Members must use a pre-assigned computer station.
- Upon fulfillment of the reservation, staff will clean the workstation and equipment.
- Before leaving the premises, members must return to the Equipment Room window for sign-out and equipment return.
- Only one TV studio shoot per day will be confirmed.
- Limited to a maximum occupancy of 4 people at one time, both talent and crew; masks must remain on at all times.
- Any and all guests must sign the COVID-19 Policy Member Acknowledgment.
- A recommended maximum of 1 camera operator on crews to allow for 3 talent.
- Control Room is limited to a maximum occupancy of 2 people at one time in order to perform TD/Directing and Audio tasks separately.
- Member Pick-up/Return procedure applies. Only the Producer or designated associated support may pick up and return equipment.
- Producing members are instructed to clean equipment before and after use, this includes props used from the storage closet.
- For single-person operation using Zoom, Streamyard, or other video conferencing apps;
- A mask must be worn at all times.
- Limited to a maximum occupancy of 1 person at one time. Staff may support remote interviews with guests via our video conferencing tools. If staff needs to provide hands-on support, producers must exit the room while the staff troubleshoots the issue.
- Producing members are instructed to clean equipment before and after use; this includes props used from the storage closet.
- WPPM radio producers must get approval from radio station staff before being able to return to the studio. There will be limited slots for live studio shows with priority being given to programmers who have been unable to produce their program remotely during the closure.
- The studio will be limited to a maximum occupancy of 2 people at one time, masks must be worn at all times.
- No back-to-back live shows will be permitted in the studio. There will be a 1-hour gap between scheduled live programs.
- No one is permitted to stay in the studio after their show unless it is to disinfect the space.
- Producing members are required to clean equipment before and after use. Cleaning products will be provided.
Working Together to Keep Everyone Safe
We must all work together to prevent the spread of the virus.
We ask that everyone in the facility:
- Promote frequent, thorough hand washing, including by providing workers, PhillyCAM members, and visitors with a place to wash their hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Commit to maintaining good housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment throughout the day.
- Increase the physical distance to at least 6 feet among employees and fellow members, and do not shake hands.
- Avoid using other people’s phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Do not share food or beverages. No use of the kitchen for food, refrigeration, dishes, and cutlery will be permitted.
- Any employee or member with symptoms of COVID-like illness should not come to PhillyCAM. If symptoms occur while at PhillyCAM, the employee or member should be isolated and then sent home immediately.
- If a member or staff person tests positive after having been at PhillyCAM they must notify Gretjen Clausing, Executive Director via email to email@example.com.