Become A Member
More than a TV station, PhillyCAM is a vibrant community center that connects people and teaches them to become creators, not just consumers, of high-quality independent and non-commercial media.
Curious about PhillyCAM? Watch our Info Session video to discover the many opportunities we offer to our members.
We are currently transitioning to a new member management software. Please contact Sofie Trippett - firstname.lastname@example.org -for assistanc in renewing your membership.
Any individual who lives or works in the greater Philadelphia community regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ability, age, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability or economic status may become a member of PhillyCAM. All members are required to pay an annual membership fee and agree to abide by PhillyCAM’s policies and procedures as outlined in the membership handbook.
Individual Membership $30 (Seniors 65+/Students $20)
- Gain media production skills and access to PhillyCAM equipment certification
- Distribute your show on cable channels that reach over 1 million people in Philadelphia
- Access TV Production studios, computer lab, and meeting spaces
- Put content on PhillyCAM’s Video On Demand web viewer
- Attend special members networking events, screenings & mixers
- A member profile on PhillyCAM’s website
- Receive information about media-related opportunities through our monthly Members e-News
- Participate at the leadership level as a board or committee member
- Vote in PhillyCAM’s annual board of directors' election
- Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in joining as an organization, please make sure this is the right category for you. Organizational memberships are only designated for non-profits, community groups, collectives, and educational institutions. These types of groups may become members by submitting proof of non-profit status or a documented history of working collectively to serve the community.
Organizational memberships are not suited for commercial enterprises, start-up companies, and independent contractors who offer media services for pay
Should you need further assistance clarifying which membership category is best for you, please speak with the Our Community Engagement Director, Nasha Taylor before joining.
Organization Membership ($40 - $275)
(sliding scale based on the annual operating budget)
- Benefits include:
All the benefits of Individual Membership -plus-
- Designate up to 5 Associate Members to have active memberships and be able to take workshops, receive equipment certification and book the production facilities and meeting space for programs produced by the organization.
- Create announcements for the Electronic Bulletin Board
- and one of the following per membership year -
- A two-hour consultation about your project with PhillyCAM staff consultants
- Produce a 2-minute PSA with the support of PhillyCAM staff
- Organize a one-time 30-minute studio shoot to raise awareness about a particular issue or be featured on PhillyCAM’s Go Philly Service program.
- Hire PhillyCAM and receive discounted production services to document and stream live video from special events, produce and edit short videos for online social media, create in-studio community forums, etc.
Non-profit organizations and community groups can pay for membership by invoice. Non-profit organizations or community groups may be asked to submit proof of non-profit status or a history of working collectively.
In addition to membership, you must attend a Community Media Workshop before you can register for classes or submit a program.
Youth Membership ($15)
To support and embrace youth voices we created PhillyCAM’s Youth Program. Our students learn to access, analyze, create and share digital media content with thoughtfulness and social responsibility. Youth Membership is open to youth between ages 14 -21. Membership must be approved by a parent or guardian.
Other Ways to Join
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, our facility is now open by appointments only on Tuesdays and Saturday. You can pay by check or money order. You are required to create an account in order to access your member benefits.
Mail your membership check or money order to:
P.O. Box 43776
Philadelphia, PA 19106