PhillyCAM is a community media center that brings together the people of Philadelphia to make and share media that promotes creative expression, democratic values and civic participation.
PhillyCAM will become...
- 1. More than a television station – a vibrant community center that connects, meets unique interests and needs, and teaches people to become creators, not just consumers, of high-quality media.
- 2. A leading advocate for discussing issues absent from public dialogue in greater detail and without bias.
- 3. An organization that is indispensible to local community, educational, and government institutions.
- 4. Philadelphians’ resource for building digital literacy skills.
PhillyCAM, a community media center, values…
- Access for All – a commitment to policies that serve the public interest and insure an equitable and accessible media system to all people on all platforms (e.g., cable TV, Internet, mobile).
- Collaboration – people and groups working together for common goals and powerful results.
- Discovery – the act of people, in safe places, seeing beyond themselves and viewing the world in new ways.
- Learning – the individual and community transformation, creativity and innovation resulting from new information and new experiences.
- Local Focus – telling stories about, by, and for Philadelphians.
- Quality – state-of-the-art technology and high-level technical standards for on-air programs, media creation, educational experiences, and administrative practices.
- Stewardship – practices that support a fiscally strong organization.